My mum was a complete chocoholic. I don't think there was a chocolate that she hadn't tried! Her favourite though was always dark chocolate so these little mouth-watering bars of deliciousness would have been right up her street!
Get ahead this Mother's Day and give your mum some chocolate love with these lush sweet treats.
Recipe from the Social Pantry
Dark Chocolate Quinoa Bars
50g Cooked Quinoa
2.5 tbsp Coconut Oil
2 tbsp Honey
100g Dark Chocolate
100g Pumpkin Seeds
100g Sunflower Seeds
90g Pistachio Kernels
30g Dark Chocolate
2 tbsp Desiccated Coconut
1. Cook the quinoa according to the packet instructions and leave to cool
2. Prepare a small tray with greaseproof paper
3. Melt the butter and honey together in a saucepan and add the chocolate off heat
4. Heat the prunes in a saucepan with the coconut oil and just squash them a little with a potato masher. Leave to cool for 5 minutes
5. Remove the melted chocolate mixture and mix through the cooled prunes mixture
6. Add all the dry ingredients including pistachios, quinoa, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and cashews
7. Make sure they are all combined
8. Pour the mixture into the prepared tray and spread evenly until flat
9. Set in the fridge
10. After 15 minutes of the bar being in the fridge, melt 30g dark chocolate over a bain-marie or place a heat proof bowl over a barely simmering pan of water. Make sure the bowl isn't touching the water otherwise the chocolate will overheat and make it seize.
11. Pour on top of the bar and evenly spread.
12. Sprinkle over the coconut and a few pinches of sea salt, Return to the fridge and leave to set until hard.
Become a VIP and get lifestyle inspiration and exclusive offers delivered straight to your inbox - simply enter your email below and you're in!