To help keep your jewellery looking shiny and new for years to come, I’ve put together a few hints and tips for you.
- Try to avoid wearing your jewellery in the bath/shower and when swimming
- Always apply perfumes, lotions and potions before you put your jewellery on
- Remove your jewellery when doing household chores or playing sports to avoid scratching
- Store your jewellery separately and ideally in its original packaging
- All sterling silver jewellery will eventually tarnish so clean each piece using a good quality soft cloth
- All 9ct gold jewellery should be cleaned using a soft lint free cloth
- Gemstones can be cleaned using some warm water, a touch of mild detergent and a soft cloth